I am so proud of my husband! He kayaked 45 miles down the Mississippi River in under six hours! Dad, mom, Rachel, Pappaw and Granny Hammack, and I went down to the Under the Hill finish line to see him finish this past Saturday afternoon. I was so happy to see him finish! Maybe next year we can have a two-seater and I can tag along! HA!
After the race, we drove back to Jackson just in time for me to go to work. It was terrible trying to stay awake all night after not getting much sleep! I made it through! The bad news is I have to work nights again next weekend. Yuck! This weekend, however, there is no work in the plans! We are heading back to Natchez this weekend! Natchez is holding the annual Balloon Race weekend, and Peter has never experienced the excitement. So, we are going to try to make it into town tonight for the balloon glow and firework show. The balloon glow is one of my favorite parts, so I am looking forward to it! Saturday, Rachel is having a birthday party at dad and mom's house! It will be so much fun for her! I am really looking forward to the weekend!
In other news, it is time to get flu shots! As the nurse of the family, I highly recommend getting one! I was able to have mine yesterday at work. My arm still hurts, but it is better than catching the flu!!
Okay, time to be productive today. I have lots of errands to run before we leave this afternoon, so I better get to it!

No comments:
Post a Comment