So, after much, and I mean much, persuasion from a certain sister of mine, Peter and I decided to start a blog! We thought it would be a great way for family to keep up with the day-to-day happenings of our lives. Hopefully, Peter and I will both contribute to this blog. He is a much better writer, so his posts will be more interesting!
We are leaving for Natchez tonight. Peter and his cousin, Bahen, have decided to participate in the annual kayak race down the Mississippi River. They will start in Port Gibson early tomorrow morning and kayak down the river to Under the Hill in Natchez. For those of you who do not know, I am a bit of a worrier. So, I have a few reservations about him taking on the mighty Mississippi. He tells me it is very safe and there is no way he is telling his cousin his wife will not let him take part! The big adventure should take him about six hours to complete. He should finish around three o'clock. After the race, we are heading back to Jackson. I have to work nights Saturday and Sunday, so we will probably get home just in time for me to turn around and head to the hospital! It should be a busy weekend, but I am excited about seeing my family!
Speaking of family, Rachel's birthday is Saturday! She will be seventeen! It will be great to be home to wish her a happy birthday in person!
Okay, I have lots of housework to do before heading out this afternoon, and I better get started! Hopefully next time I post I will be free of the night shift for another month, and my husband will have conquered the Mississippi River! Woohoo!
Rez Life!
9 years ago

1 comment:
YAY!!! I am so excited that you've started your blog. I had to create an account so that I can leave a comment and future comments. I'm so excited about your new blog!! Love you!!
Post a Comment