
I first read this book a couple of years ago and loved it! I kept thinking as I was reading that they should make a movie of it. So, when I saw the trailer for the movie a couple of weeks ago, I was super excited. I read the book again last week so it would be fresh on my mind when I saw the movie. I like to pick out differences between the book and movie. I completely understand it is impossible to include all of the book's details in a movie, but I am always a tad disappointed in some of the changes.
Peter and I went to the theatre today to see the much anticipated movie (anticipated by me, not Peter), and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it! There were a couple of big changes in the story line, but most of the good parts in the book remained intact! So, both the book and movie get two thumbs up from me, whatever that is worth!
This week I am looking forward to starting Emily Giffin's new book The Heart of the Matter. Peter gave it to me for my birthday and I can't wait to get started on it. Something Borrowed was the first of her novels and this one is her fifth. I have read all of them in between and have really enjoyed them all, so I hope this one will be just as entertaining. I will let you know how it turns out. In the meantime, go to the movies and see Something Borrowed!

1 comment:
Hey friend! I read the book after seeing the previews (cause like you said, the book is always better!) And then saw the movie last week. I also thought it was great! They picked great people for every character! I was very pleased!!! Glad you're back blogging! :)
Post a Comment