Monday, December 8, 2008

A much needed update

It seems like forever since I have posted! Things have been very busy the past few weeks. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving in Natchez this year. We were able to go home on Thursday and stay until Sunday. Everyone was home, which I have come to appreciate more and more these days. We were able to spend time with my parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, sisters, brother-in-law, and adorable nephew! We were also able to catch up with a couple of friends while we were home, which was great and very overdue. I am posting a few pictures from the weekend at the end of the post.

I am so excited Christmas is here! Of course we are a little behind in the decorating department, but we are going to get our tree tonight and I am going to do some shopping today! I am so looking forward to decorating our house this year. Two things happened last week that really made me realize Christmas is just around the corner. First, I was in the grocery store and was pleasantly surprised to find my very favorite Little Debbie - Christmas Tree Cakes! I was so excited that I bought 2 boxes and I have eaten one every day since I bought them! They are so good! Secondly, I watched The Christmas Story for the first time this year. It is my favorite Christmas movie, and it never gets old. We will be going to Fairhope for Christmas this year, so we are looking forward to spending some time with Peter's family!
In other news, Molly, our sweet dog (most of the time) turned 3 years old this week! I cannot believe she is already 3! My friends Mary Catherine and Amy also had birthdays this week! So, happy birthday Molly, Mary Catherine, and Amy! And to Amy, CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement!
Hope you all have a great week!



It was so good to visit with all of my sisters: Laura, Rachel, and Katie Beth!

The Hammack side of our family.

The Holloway side of our family

Grayson with his favorite aunt and Rachel

All of us children enjoying a lazy day

Grayson was sitting in my lap and helping play a game on the Wii, when I felt his little head fall over on my arm. So sweet!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I have also already started eating Christmas Tree Cakes everyday =0). I am currently watching Home Alone...Hooray for Christmas! I can't wait to visit Natchez and see my family. I'm so glad yall all got to be home together for Thanksgiving!